tiistai 14. heinäkuuta 2015

K: I'm going home




Little things that I look forward to in Finland


Getting that first hug from my family after 11 months







Going home to my own room and sleeping in my own bed





Laughing with my friends again




Speaking Finnish

Having the awesome food that my dad makes





Driving my scooter





Seeing my grandparents


'
Eating fresh strawberries




And of course:

Going to sauna

Having rye bread


Having a pear ice cream

Simply just being home again


Little things I'll miss about Canada

The card games with my first host family




Watching movies together and cuddling with the cats in my second host family







The warmth and closeness of my third host family



Listening to Oh Canada every morning at school




My locker






The busy high school hallways






Lunch time with my friends








Natalie's chalkboard masterpieces in arts and grafts class


Funny warm ups in vocals class





Drinking hot chocolate in parenting class after a cold walk to school

The delicious breakfasts at Rotary meetings every Friday



Walking to and from school and greeting the familiar crossing guards



Going to the movies with my friends





Having blizzards, talking and laughing with Amanda




Everyone laughing at my inability to say the word squirrel correctly

People calling me the foreigner and making me feel special and different

The race to Trenton to get Timmies at lunch without being late to class

 




People asking me fun and only sometimes stupid questions about Finland

Going shopping and getting a Starbucks at the book store





The school dances



Taking the train to Toronto and exploring the city









My D7070 exchange student family









If I scheduled this correctly, when this is posted I'm up in the air, on my flight back home to Finland. My year here in Canada has been absolutely amazing, I couldn't have wished for anything more. A huge thank you to the Brighton Rotary club for taking such good care of me and all the rotarians who were willing to take me to see all the great things in Canada. Also a big thank you to my three excellent host families, than you for taking me in and letting me be a member of your family. I'm also very grateful to my own family and friends back home in Finland, who have supported and waited for me; I'll see you all soon! To all my friends in Canada, the exchange students or my friends in school, I wish you all the best in the future, I really hope we can stay in touch and you all have a place to stay if you ever find yourself in Finland!



Thank you Canada! I'll have to come back soon, eh?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti